The simply inevitable matter in life is change. And the same is true in business. New competitors enter the market, economy changes, company hires new people, and others leave. If you want to survive, and possibly thrive equally a business, y'all need to adapt. Equally an employee, you have to follow suit. You need to innovate yourself, again and again, in order to stay on the peak of the game, and to practise your job in a most efficient way.

That'south why when they ask you how well y'all accommodate to something, you should say that y'all arrange well. But but like with any other interview question, it is not as uncomplicated… Y'all should elaborate on your answer, either with a situation from the past, i which demonstrates your power to adapt to new situations, or with a longer clarification of your mental attitude.

Let's have a look at 7 sample answers to this interesting question. I promise y'all will find on our listing at least 1 that fits your attitude and feel, and y'all can employ information technology in your interview.

7 sample answers to "How well do yous adapt to new situations" interview question

  1. I would say that my past experience demonstrates that I adapt quite well to new situations. I worked in a visitor that grew extremely fast. We had 10 employees at the beginning of the year and 200 at the end of it, and I started as a programmer and concluded equally a CTO at the stop of the year. Of course information technology was not always like shooting fish in a barrel to adapt to changes in your working routine, and to learn new skills on the go. But I managed to do it, and tin can encounter no reason why I should struggle adapting to changes in my new task.
  2. This is my outset chore application, then information technology is hard for me to gauge how I will adapt to new situations in the workplace. But I am a artistic mind, and I believe that I actually need some changes, some impulses, to stay motivated and to thrive in my piece of work. That's actually one of the reasons why I applied for a job with your company. I see that you apply agile project management in your teams, and that most positions encompass a wide array of duties, which is a huge difference to entry level roles in big corporations. I believe that such a working environs matches well with my personality, merely of class I'll have to practice the job for some time first to meet how well I adapt.
  3. Honestly I believe that I can accommodate. Of grade I am not the youngest guy anymore, and I have my routines. On the other hand, I am ever open up to a creative discussion, and I as well understand how chop-chop everything changes in this business concern. I am set to go with the menstruum and adapt to changes, as long as I run into that they make sense for the company. In the current state of global economic system, I cannot afford any other attitude–because I'd cease up unemployable…
  4. I'd say that I adapt quite well. For example now I am unemployed after having the same job for 10 years. But instead of crying and complaining well-nigh the state of affairs, I endeavour to get the best of information technology. I spend more than quality time with my family, and I also effort to learn some new skills, to broaden my opportunities in the employment marketplace. I call up that everything is a question of mental attitude. It is foolish to call back that everything will be the same in x years from now. Either you adapt, or yous will endure. I am set to adapt, that'due south my option.

* Practice non forget to cheque: 15 virtually mutual interview questions and answers (entry level).

  1. The contempo pandemic is a good sit-in of my ability to adapt to new situations. You lot run into, everything changed for me. We had to close our store, and I had to change my daily routine quite drastically. I also e'er enjoyed sports, and all of a sudden they were banned. Simply I explored new hobbies and opportunities, things nosotros were still immune to exercise during the pandemic. I adjusted, and I definitely did non endure from depression or anything similar. This experience makes me believe that I have an power to adapt to new situations, and will be able to practice is in my new job likewise.
  2. Well, I'd say it depends on the novelty of the situation. How big the change is, and how much it means to you. My husband nutrition two years agone. I can assure you lot that I struggled a lot to accommodate to living alone, suddenly. We had a great relationship, and did almost everything together. For the beginning few months I suffered terribly, and barely left the firm. But then I understood that life goes on, it has to, and that my suffering won't help anyone. And I joined a sports club, started to study again, and now I besides desire to become a job. I would say that I adapted quite well, though it took me quite a lot of time to adapt to this new state of affairs mentally.
  3. I've been an entrepreneur all my life, up to this bespeak. And in small business concern everything is about constant change, about trying to keep your head in a higher place the water, and avoid getting eaten by the sharks, the big players. Honestly, if anyone can adapt to new situations, it's me. And now I experience another new situation. My concern bankrupt because of the pandemic (just like all other small businesses in the area), and I am looking for a job. Just equally y'all tin run into I am enthusiastic most the proposition, and effort to see the good things, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Maybe it will be nice to have a dominate and regular working hours, subsequently working for 90+ hours a week in my pocket-sized business.

You can use the recent pandemic to demonstrate your power to adapt to changes

I practise not know a unmarried person who wasn't affected by the recent pandemic. Many people had to work from home, or they lost their jobs completely. Businesses had to close down, or transform. Students stopped going to school and had to practise their exams distantly. Even most task interviews suddenly took place in the online world. And of grade, we could not do the activities we enjoyed doing, considering many of them were banned.

You can refer to this in your answer. Explain how yous adapted to the new situation in the world, how yous changed your routines. It clearly demonstrates that you shouldn't have a problem with abiding changes in your new job… See sample answers no. 5 and no. seven for your inspiration.

May besides interest you: How to dress for an interview? Learn how to pick the correct wearing apparel for the important coming together with the employer.

About hiring managers like chore candidates who are looking for challenges

You do not want to be a mediocre employee, an average guy. And y'all won't enjoy doing the same tasks day later day. You shiver when you imagine that someone can work as a cashier for 20 years, sitting at the cash desk and scanning bar codes from nine to 5, 6 days a week, for xx years. The just possible reaction to that is a facepalm, or a milk shake of a head.

That'due south simply not you. You desire to be intellectually challenged, you want to grow in the visitor. And that's exactly the reason why you decided to use for the task with them, because yous understand that change is inevitable in their business concern. That's the plumbing fixtures surroundings for you, one in which you'll thrive. Check sample respond no. 2 as a skilful illustration of this attitude.

* Special Tip: Speaking about challenges, this question won't be the only difficult scenario-based question you will confront while interviewing for a great job. You will face questions about prioritization, dealing with pressure, dealing with ambiguity, and other catchy scenarios that happen in the workplace. If you want to make sure that yous stand out with your answers and outclass your competitors, have a look at our Interview Success Packet. Up to x premium answers to 31 catchy scenario based questions (+ more) will assistance you streamline your interview preparation, and somewhen outclass your competitors and get the task. It can exist the terminal part of the puzzle you are missing…

Referring to a personal tragedy can change the atmosphere in the interviews

Of course no alter in work comes fifty-fifty shut to some profound changes we experience in our personal life. When we lose someone we beloved, or get very sick, or even when we go married, or take a child–these are new situations we have to accommodate to, some of them positive, and other negative–though it always depends on the bespeak of view…

Talking about something bad that happened to you (such as a loss of someone you loved) may seem similar a foreign idea in an interview. But you should realize that hiring managers are also human beings–and some of them maybe experienced a similar loss in their life, and also struggled to get over it.

If they did, and you opt for this interview answer, you tin can connect with them in a special way–not many things bring us as close as a shared suffering.

At the end of the twenty-four hours, personal preferences will ever play a office in an interview. If you lot experienced something difficult in your life, and feel ready to talk most it with the strangers, information technology can be your best bet for a great respond to this catchy interview question…

Ready to respond this i? I hope so! Check also 7 sample answers to other interesting interview questions:

  • What are your weaknesses?
  • Why shouldn't we hire yous?
  • If yous saw a coworker stealing a small particular, or giving food to someone without paying, what would you lot practise?
  • Writer
  • Recent Posts

Matthew Chulaw

Latest posts by Matthew Chulaw (see all)